ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Crack Rock Demolition is a soundless and safe demolition agent which is quite different from ordinary demolition agents such as explosives and dangerous materials. It does not cause any fly rock, noise, ground vibration, gas, dust or any other environmental pollution when used properly. As requirements for demolishing rock and reinforced concrete in construction increase in tight quarters, the use of explosives and explosive agents is becoming more restricted as far as safety and environmental pollution problems are concerned. Crack Rock Demolition is the solution.
3 Easy Steps for Cracking Rock or Concrete
Step 1 - Drilling
1. Wear your safety glasses, rubber gloves, dust-proof mask and have all equipment needed in place.
2. Drill holes using a core drill, rock drill or compatible drill using a 1.5” diameter drill bit 8 to 16”
apart. For harder rock and reinforced concrete hole spacing should be no more than 8” apart.
3. Drill between 80 to 90% of the depth within the material needing to be cracked.
4. CRD slurry must have free space to expand into. Create a series of empty holes if required.
Step 2 - Mixing
1. Select the correct product type for your specific temperature range in the colored blocks below.
2. Pour 1.4 – 1.6 litres of clean cold water in bucket and gradually add small bag (5Kg) of CRD powder.
Do not mix more than 2 small
bags (10Kg) at a time.
3. Using a mixing paddle completely
dissolve powder in water and stir
into a slurry. Longer mixing times
will likely cause blowout shoot.
Step 3 - Pouring
1. After drilling minimize water and residue left behind in the holes before using product.
2. Within 10 minutes of mixing pour the product into the holes filling within to 1” from the top.
3. Continuously pour the mixture into the holes one at a time to ensure no air gaps are trapped within.
4. For horizontal and slant holes, insert a slightly smaller plastic pipe into the hole, and then fill the
expansive slurry into the pipe slowly, withdrawing the pipe from the hole simultaneously then cap it.
5. Do not leave any surplus mixture in the bucket use all remaining expansive mortar slurry.
6. After the holes have been filled keep out of sunlight, cover with a tarp and do NOT look into the holes.
7. For best results allow product to set for 24 hrs (product will continue to expand up to 48 hrs).